DIY CHAIRS

 First I took my old chairs from my previous table, I suggest using chairs that have some imperfections or that are old. That way if you don't like the results you wont feel bad about throwing them out.


 I sanded the chairs down until the majority of the old wood was gone, this process took time even though I used a electric sander. I would say it took me about three days to do four chairs. Mostly because the chairs had so many little parts to them. Also the next day it was easier to sand off the next layer. (PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHAIRS ARE REAL WOOD BEFORE SANDING)

This is what the chairs look liked after I finished sanding them.

 I chose to use gloss spray paint, instead of hand painting them. Make sure you cover your mouth because the fumes are pretty strong. Stand back about three feet, and spay a continuous spray in a up and down formation to prevent dripping.

 This is what the chairs looked like after about three applications. I used one bottle per chair. So over all the whole process cost me $6.00. It says that they will be dry in about 45 minutes. However I left the chairs outside for two days just to make sure.

 They are now sitting in my home and I think they look pretty great with my red walls.


Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Copyright MMXIII WatermelonEggrolls. Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.