Dream Chasers interview with Ari Nicole


-->

What is your name and where do you live?

 Ari Washington- Miami, Florida

What college did you attend? 

Michigan State University

What is the name of your company or the company you work for? 

Double Coverage PR Group

What inspired you to pick your career? 

I went to school for PR and Marketing.  I played sports growing up and came from a sports family.  I also had a lot of friends that played professional sports and spending time around the industry I saw a specific need for genuine, honest people on the players’ side of things, thus choosing Sports PR over other fields.

As a woman in your field what has been your biggest obstacle? 
The biggest obstacle is getting respect.  A lot of time guys don’t want to take your opinion seriously on things because they don’t think you actually know the game.  Once you get them to see you know your craft it makes things a little easier.

What has been the proudest moment in your career? 

Besides starting my own firm, I’d say my proudest moment was signing my first soccer client, who ended up being the MLS Rookie of the Year the same year I signed him.

Where do you hope to see your career in 5 years? 

In 5 years I see myself transitioning.  Hopefully the firm is still succeeding but eventually I want to become a GM of a soccer team or head scout for a baseball team.


What does being a woman mean to you?  

 Being a woman means everything to me.  Especially in a male dominated field, being a woman is pretty awesome! For me its all about being a respectful, God fearing human being first off.  As a woman, you’re held to different standards.  I think being a real woman means you take care of home and your career first and then have the duty to inspire younger woman to reach their dreams as well.


What advice would you give a woman wanting to be in your industry?  

 I’d say know the business and sport you want to work in to the best of your ability.  Stay determined because there will always be a man who gets an opportunity before you do just because you’re a woman, and stay true to yourself.  Nothing else matters as long as you’re doing what you love and doing it for the right reasons. Also network as much as possible! You must be social in the PR world.

When you aren’t working, what is your favorite thing to do?  

 I love to travel! Europe and Mexico are my favorite places to go so traveling and exploring new places is always fun to me.


Just for fun, if you had to be one Disney Princess which one would you be and why?

I’d be Cinderella probably.  When I was little I used to always think I’d have this Cinderella love story happen to me.  I’m still waiting on it lol.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Copyright MMXIII WatermelonEggrolls. Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.