DREAM CHASERS INTERIVEW WITH WHITENY PARKER.






Social Media has served as a gateway to the unknown, taking that six degrees of separation down to “a like away” from meeting someone who can help you. I feel like the universe is helping pull people together that need to be in each others space.  Social media can be used for whatever you want, I chose to use it as a way to connect with other powerful women who are chasing their dreams.  Whenever I meet people who inspire me or push me subconsciously to be better, I instantly want to connect with them and share their stories.  So this installment of Dream Chasers is with the beautiful, humble and talented Whitney Parker.
 
What is your name and where do you live?

Whitney Parker, Landover hills Maryland 27 years old.

What is the name of your company?

Dream for Purpose – It’s a company I started with my Husband; I like to credit him for the vision.  It’s our goal as a couple to bring together people who share our faith in God as well as our drive to accomplish our goals in life. It’s a collective of photographers, graphic designers, stylist (myself included) and other creative minds. We want to help people build their crafts and have them potentially go out into the world and really make a name for themselves. It’s important that we keep our faith first and bring together others who share those beliefs. However most importantly we are open to all people; and we do not judge anyone, because we operate knowing that no one is perfect in this world. One of the most beautiful things to me is that my husband will go and break fast with his Muslim friends during Ramadan.  He is the backbone of this company and his dream to help support others and bring them to greatness. I call him the Dreamer of the family; I love how his dreams include the success of our entire family and others.



What inspired you to create the Company?

My Husband was in a serious incident with a celebrity that challenged his then lifestyle. The incident helped him to understand that he had a greater purpose in this world that was beyond going to the club and partying his life away. He Supports me as his wife, and our daughter, with whatever Dreams we have. He encouraged me to follow my dreams as a stylist. He also gave me the most amazing opportunity to stay home with my daughter and stay in college while I’m pursuing my masters in fashion merchandising.  He wanted to create an environment that would help push others to truly live with purpose.

Where do you hope to see your company in 5 years?


It’s funny that you ask that because my husband and I were just talking about this the other day. We just want to create an environment for all creative people who have dreams and give them hope. I would love to be a corporate fashion stylist, while taking dream for purpose with me.  I believe that “Dream For Purpose will create it’s own destiny.  I always want to push people to follow their dreams and not be scared. I believe if you work hard and focus, your dreams will come true as long as its Gods will.  You, Your prayers and Your dreams.

How many children do you have?

I have one daughter and her name is Kendall, she is two years old and a beautiful child on the inside and out.



What is your favorite thing about being a mother?

Learning something about myself everyday, when my daughter was born that’s when my life began. She teaches me patience, and about love and I love watching her grow and be creative. Watching her be herself allows me to become more in tune with myself as a woman and mother.  

How has your child inspired you to follow your dreams?

When I was pregnant I was working two jobs with two internships, while working on my second degree.  My daughter’s spirit and the idea of being a mother allowed me to not quit, I would never want my daughter to give up.  I just want to create a life where she is able to travel the world. I am Inspired by June Ambrose, and her ability to expose her child to the world and beyond. My husband and me have a desire to succeed as a family, and our child has helped us to build an environment where the whole family wins. We are on this journey together and we will all succeed and keep our faith. I believe our faith is the background to our family and our success.

Out of all the valuable lessons in life, what is the one thing you would tell your child when picking a career?

Be proactive not reactive, Do what you love and go after it, and fight for it without a plan B. Seek God first and the rest will follow.



Dream For Purpose is a movement that was created by the Parkers, she is currently as fashion stylist for children and her husband is a photographer. They have a beautiful goal of helping others reach their goals. They keep their faith and family first. They are setting new rules to the idea of success, understanding that life is what you make of it. They hope to make it something great and they plan on doing it together.

 You can follow Whitney and her company Dream For Purpose at any of the links below.

Posted in , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Copyright MMXIII WatermelonEggrolls. Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.